The decrease in public infrastructure spending has resulted in an infrastructure investment gap of $2.5-3.5 trn. per year. To engage private financing to make up this gap, new investment solutions and business models need to be conceived. The integration of IoT with advanced data analytics is opening up the data economy for infrastructure investment by considering the ‘digital twin’ of a real asset.
For example, we use:
- Financial network modeling tools to query financial flows in cross-industry value chains, by integrating financial and operational performance metrics
- Visualization tools to help understand complex data structures and relationships across multiple agents in a digital network
- Machine learning and natural language processing algorithms that integrate financials with unstructured data to understand correlation and causation, as well as value capture
- Financial asset risk pricing strategies that value the impact of intangibles such as natural resources in the capital markets
- Blockchain models and cryptocurrencies/tokens to track transactional data in digital ledgers or to execute smart contracts in a decentralized data environment.